Guest Blogs by Amelia
Over the past few years, I have been asked to write guest posts about family history research, for a number of genealogy organisations. These are captured below for reference and future use.
Society of Genealogists
As a volunteer at the Society of Genealogists, I wrote a small number of blogs about their record sets. These are presented below.
- Marriage Licences
- Transcriber’s Discovery – A Sad Obituary – based on an article from The Gentleman’s Magazine
- Coastguard records – this post is no longer accessible on the SoG website and has been reproduced as a post on this website
- Nottinghamshire Parish Registers on SoG Data Online – this post is no longer accessible on the SoG website and has been reproduced as a post on this website
These are blogs that I have written for other publications or websites.
- Deceased Online – a blog regarding a grave plot containing my ancestors at Nunhead Cemetery
- Family Tree Magazine – a blog about looking forward to the Secret Lives Conference held in September 2018